Physical Activity & the Outdoors
- Pre-school age children's playground at Wall St & Madison St.
- Jack Waithe Park - all age playground and exercise equipment on East Franklin St at McCabe St.
- Concord Ave Park - playground, basketball courts, picnic area, pavilion
- Duncan Park - nature trail, biking trail, playgrounds, lighted tennis courts, volleyball court, golf course, 3 lighted youth baseball fields w/concession stand and press box, restrooms.
- Frazier School Baseball Field - 3 lighted youth baseball fields, restrooms, concession stand, press box.
- Girls Softball Fields - 3 lighted softball fields, concession stand, restrooms.
- Martin Gymnasium behind Margaret Martin Performing Arts Center - 64 Homochitto St
- Memorial Park - Fountain and picnic area. $150 reservation fee for events. Main St and Rankin St.
- North Natchez Park - Basketball half courts, tennis courts, playground, recreation center, spray ground water playground, volleyball court. Wilson Rd and Triumph Lane.
- Osceola Neighborhood Park - Playground, picnic tables. Creek St and Cherokee St.
St. Catherine's Creek National Wildlife Refuge
Nature hiking trails, hunting, fishing and birdwatching. St. Catherine's Creek NWR was established to provide protection for wintering waterfowl. Public use permits required for hunting and fishing activities or other special use such as after hours or wildlife photography for retail use. Refuges provide unique and exciting outdoor classrooms — excellent locations for hands-on learning activities. The refuge staff, volunteers, and Friends of St. Catherine Creek Refuge offer educational programs to students of all ages on a limited basis. Call the refuge headquarters for a schedule of environmental educational activities.
21 Pintail Lane off Hwy 61 South, Sibley / 601-442-6696
Website: fws.gov/refuge/St_Catherine_Creek / email@example.com
Natchez State Park
RV campground, tent campground, cabins/cottages, campground laundry, boat launch, pavilions & picnic areas, playground, disc golf, and nature trail. Manged by MS Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks. Have hosted "Bike Your Park" Days.
230B Wickcliff off Hwy 61 North, Natchez / 601-442-2658
Website: https://www.mdwfp.com/parks-destinations/ms-state-parks/natchez.aspx / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
YMCA of Natchez and the NACRC
Managing Duncan Park point of sale systems and providing youth activities like Blast Ball.
The Natchez-Adams County Recreation Commission (NACRC) was setup through an inter-local agreement between the Adams County Board of Supervisors, the Natchez Board of Aldermen, and the Natchez-Adams County School Board. On November 3rd, 2009, the voters of Adams County voted an astounding 78% in favor of a new unified county recreation program and complex. After that, the NACRC was tasked to design this new program and complex. The NACRC is diligently working on this and will be updating everyone on Facebook as well as other medium.
@YMCANatchez / www.facebook.com/YMCANatchez/